HYDERABAD: Cyberabad Police, as part of the investigation into the Pocso case involving Union minister Bandi Sanjay’s son, Bandi Sai Bageerath, have altered the charges by adding Section 64(2)(m) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), which pertains to repeatedly raping the same woman. The offence carries a minimum punishment of 10 years’ jail, which may extend to life imprisonment. The other charges under Sections 74 and 75 of the BNS — relating to assault or use of criminal force against a woman with intent to outrage her modesty, and sexual harassment — along with Section 5 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (Pocso) Act, have been retained.After taking Bageerath into custody on Saturday night, police formally declared his arrest and later produced him before the court. The magistrate remanded him in judicial custody till May 29. He was subsequently shifted to Cherlapally Central Prison amid tight security.Lawyers accompanying Bageerath at the time of his arrest said they were in the process of filing a bail petition. The case was originally registered on May 8 by Pet Basheerabad Police based on a complaint lodged by the survivor’s mother. Following the registration of the case, the accused allegedly went missing, and police said efforts to trace him proved unsuccessful. On Saturday night, he reportedly surrendered before the police at Manchirevula in Narsingi.Police clarified that, so far, only Bageerath has been named as an accused in the case and dismissed reports suggesting the involvement of additional accused persons as false information.
Trending
- Who is Jinnytty? South Korean Twitch streamer leaves fans horrified after late-night hotel stalker scare
- City to simmer at 43 deg C today, hotter days ahead
- Ordinance to up SC judges from 33 to 37 promulgated
- Odemkněte tajemství úspěchu v online kasinech: εκπαιδεύστε se nyní
- Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce accused of chasing attention after repeated NYC sightings
- Barbra Streisand skips Cannes after a knee injury; says ‘I am deeply honored to receive the honorary Palme d’Or’
- Lawyers go on 3-day strike | Lucknow News
- No fresh Ebola case in India since 2014: Govt
