NEW DELHI: Indian cricketer Mohammed Shami has been cleared by the Alipore Court in a cheque bounce case filed by his estranged wife Hasin Jahan. The case was related to a Rs 1 lakh cheque that Jahan claimed had bounced after being deposited in a bank.The matter had been ongoing for nearly four years. On Wednesday, the Chief Judicial Magistrate’s court in Alipore acquitted Shami of all charges. Confirming the verdict during an interaction with news agency IANS, Shami’s lawyer Salim Rahman said, “Cricketer Mohammed Shami has been acquitted in the four-year-old case which was filed by his wife.”After the court ruling, Shami said he always believed the judgment would go in his favour. “I have paid every rupee that I was required to pay. Whether on or off the field, I always strive to handle every situation to the best of my ability,” he told reporters.The cheque bounce case is only one part of the long-running legal battle between Shami and Hasin Jahan. Back in 2018, Jahan had filed several complaints against Shami and his family members, including allegations related to financial support and maintenance.At present, under orders from the Calcutta High Court, Shami pays Rs 1.5 lakh per month to Hasin Jahan and Rs 2.5 lakh monthly for the upbringing of their daughter.However, Hasin Jahan later approached the Supreme Court of India, arguing that the amount was not enough to manage household expenses. During the hearing, the apex court questioned whether Rs 4 lakh per month was insufficient for the care of a mother and daughter.Shami, meanwhile, continues to play for Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL while also dealing with the ongoing legal matters.
Trending
- From handing Centre ‘Chicken’s Neck’ to Vande Mataram mandate: 11 key decisions in 12 days by Suvendu government | India News
- ‘US is offering to help’: Rubio posts Spanish-language video addressing Cubans
- ‘Bava’ Allu Arjun shares heartfelt birthday wish for Jr. NTR; ‘Raaka’ star praises ‘Dragon’ glimpse |
- BCCI announces domestic cricket calendar; season to open with Duleep Trophy
- Just hours after Donald Trump left China, Beijing announced ‘ban’ on this American technology company
- UGC NET June 2026 exam registration deadline extended: Check revised schedule here
- Celina Jaitly breaks into tears as she prays to Maa Baglamukhi amidst legal battle with husband Peter Haag, prays for reunion with her children, brother Vikrant Jaitly |
- Searchmaxxed – aifeed.dev
