KOLKATA: Calcutta HC on Tuesday directed CBI to produce all documents, audio recordings, videos and photographs related to the investigation of the RG Kar rape-murder case and said the court would examine on Thursday whether there was any scope for further probe in the matter. Refusing immediate permission to the victim’s parents to visit the crime spot, a special bench comprising Justices Shampa Sarkar and Tirthankar Ghosh asked their counsel to first satisfy HC on the legal grounds for such a request. The special bench was assigned the matter by Chief Justice Sujoy Paul after three HC benches recused themselves from hearing the case. Justice Sarkar cautioned all parties against making public comments on the matter. Senior advocate Jayanta Narayan Chatterjee said the seminar hall of RG Kar Medical College and Hospital was not the only scene of the crime, adding other areas, including the seventh-floor OT and chamber of then-principal Sandip Ghosh, had remained open since the first day, and despite repeated requests to CBI to examine and seal those areas, no action had been taken.
Trending
- Kolkata Park Circus violence 'mastermind' held
- DU may relocate Faculty of Law, political hub of North Campus, to another location
- Salman Khan loses cool, scolds photographers outside Mumbai hospital; video goes viral
- Farmers to get relief for loss to horticulture crop | Lucknow News
- Congress silence on Vijay’s ‘Eelam genocide’ brazen opportunism
- 2 Congress MLAs to join Vijay govt, no AIADMK rebels for now
- Naseeruddin Shah says his sons wake him up at 3am to show him his bad films: ‘I would rather sleep’
- Safety risk: HC orders closureof school bldg | Lucknow News
