Security forces combing Porahat forest in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum in search for wanted Maoist Saluka Kayam were ambushed by Naxals, triggering retaliatory firing for around 30 minutes on Tuesday. “No casualty has been reported so far in the gunfight. However, security personnel are camping at the site,” SP Amit Renu said, adding the Maoists fled the area. Active in the Kudburu-Kedabir stretch of Porahat forest, Kayan is tasked with reviving the outfit in the mineral-rich forest. tnn
Trending
- Kolkata Park Circus violence 'mastermind' held
- DU may relocate Faculty of Law, political hub of North Campus, to another location
- Salman Khan loses cool, scolds photographers outside Mumbai hospital; video goes viral
- Farmers to get relief for loss to horticulture crop | Lucknow News
- Congress silence on Vijay’s ‘Eelam genocide’ brazen opportunism
- 2 Congress MLAs to join Vijay govt, no AIADMK rebels for now
- Naseeruddin Shah says his sons wake him up at 3am to show him his bad films: ‘I would rather sleep’
- Safety risk: HC orders closureof school bldg | Lucknow News
