Lucknow: Rinkoo Singh Rahee, the 2023-batch IAS officer who wrote to the President of India recently, tendering a “technical resignation” since he had not been assigned any work for the past eight months, on Wednesday clarified that he did not want to leave his government job.“Some people give in their resignation as they do not like government work. But I like govt work and I have tendered a technical resignation. If you are not letting me work here, then send me back to a place where I can work,” he said. Rahee had been a PCS officer in UP, before he sat for the IAS examination and was selected in 2023.He further said that his case might be the first since Independence, referring to his attachment to the Board of Revenue since July 30, 2025 where he had no real work to do, saying that his situation would be highly demoralising for young officers.Rahee, who had been transferred to the Shahjahanpur district as joint commissioner just six days before he was attached to the Board of Revenue, had made a lawyer do squats for urinating in the open. On being surrounded by lawyers who took up the matter of dirty toilets in the tehsil, Rahee also did five squats, a video of which became viral. He alleged in his letter to the President that he was not given a fair hearing before being sent off to the Board of Revenue, where he even refused to accept salary for two months in 2025 as he had no work.In 2009, as a PCS officer posted in the department of social welfare, Rahee had reportedly brought several matters of corruption to light after which he was threatened by the then principal secretary and later shot at by unidentified assailants, which left his face partially paralysed.There is no response from his department to his ‘technical resignation’.
Trending
- “He used to pick up rice and put it in my mouth”: Sourav Ganguly shares a beautiful memory of his father feeding him every day before school; an important parenting lesson inside |
- 12.5 percent growth on Day 5 over Monday: Sunny Deol’s ‘Batwara 1947’ crosses Rs 30 crore, recovers only 24 percent of its budget; ‘Awarapan 2’ races ahead with Rs 100 crore mark | Hindi Movie News
- UP govt clears LDA’s 1,035-acre Vashishth Nagar scheme near Agra Expressway | Lucknow News
- A San Francisco man was digging in his backyard when his shovel hit something hard; he unearthed a 150-pound limestone sculpture and nobody knows who made it
- DC Full Movie Collection: ‘DC’ box office collections day 12: Lokesh Kanagaraj starrer earns Rs 1.81 Cr; film records 9.5% drop | Tamil Movie News
- LU protest over cancelled UGC-NET exam | Lucknow News
- Satyendar Jain, Delhi Jal Board ex-CEO among 6 arrested for ‘scam’ | India News
- During defence secretary’s visit, India & Armenia sign MoU to boost cooperation in defence sector
